Angel Society approves funds for local projects
Last updated 3/1/2007 at Noon
FALLBROOK — The board of directors for Fallbrook’s Angel Society met on February 22 and awarded funds totaling $11,180 to nonprofit organizations that support the needs of our community. Funds were awarded to the following organizations:
• Fallbrook Union High School TV Tech Program to support almost 100 students involved in the program to learn fundamentals of television editing. The students produce news broadcasts over the FHS closed circuit television network. The funds will help replace their video switcher.
• Potter Junior High School Club Live to provide funds for 10 students to attend Club Live Spring Jam camp at Camp Fox on Palomar Mountain. Club Live is an alcohol, tobacco and drug prevention club whose purpose is to promote positive activities without use of these substances.
• Keep Fallbrook Clean and Green to provide funds to implement a household dry-cell battery collection and recycling program for Fallbrook.
• Boy Scouts of America to provide funds to assist John Hanson on his Eagle Scout boardwalk project on the Bonsall Preserve (corner of Mission and Highway 76).
• Boy Scouts of America to provide funds to assist Erik Plocki on his Eagle Scout project to install trail signs at Rock Mountain Preserve in De Luz.
• North County Disabled Services, Inc. to provide funds to support recreational programs for people with physical and developmental disabilities. This currently includes hand-cycling, tennis, indoor power wheelchair soccer and social events.
• Operation Homefront – San Diego to assist needy military families living on Camp Pendleton and in the North County area.
• Fallbrook Citizen’s Crime Prevention/Neighborhood Rehab Committee to implement anticrime programs in Fallbrook and surrounding communities.
The Fallbrook Angel Society uses proceeds from the Angel Thrift Shop, member dues and other donations to fund requests for worthy community projects.
All of the merchandise sold in the Angel Shop comes from community donations. The shop, located at 1002 South Main Avenue in Fallbrook, is open for business Monday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.