Microwave cooking (part III of III)
Last updated 4/5/2007 at Noon
Microwaves & food poisoning
The salt added to microwave foods may interfere with the heating process, leaving harmful bacteria alive – even thriving.
In food safety experiments, British researchers added two types of bacteria associated with food poisoning to 30 microwave meals. After the meals were heated according to direction, Listeria bacteria remained alive in 29 of the 30 samples, and salmonella survived in twenty-four.
In another experiment described in the journal Nature, the researchers found that the more salt a food contains, the lower its core temperature remains during microwaving. They speculate that salt keeps the microwaves from reaching the center of foods, often heating the core to temperatures just warm enough to encourage bacterial growth.
Ten reasons to throw out your microwave oven
We live in a world that values quickness and convenience. But we can no longer ignore the microwave oven sitting in our kitchens. If you are still not convinced of the hazards that come from cooking food in the “convenient” microwave, please consider the following:
1. Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long-term – permanent – brain damage by "shorting out" electrical impulses in the brain (de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue).
2. The human body cannot metabolize
the unknown by-products created in microwaved food.
3. Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating microwaved foods.
4. The effects of microwaved food by-products are residual (long-term, permanent) within the human body.
5. Minerals, vitamins and nutrients of all microwaved food are reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down.
6. The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.
7. Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths (tumors). This may at least partially explain the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in America.
8. The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.
9. Continual ingestion of microwaved foods causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations.
10. Eating microwaved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability and a decrease of intelligence.
Have you tossed out your microwave oven yet?
Substitute: Try a toaster oven or pressure cooker for healthier time-savings options
1. The information provided in this article is for educational purposes only.
2. Your individual health status and any required healthcare treatments can only be properly addressed by a professional healthcare provider of your choice. Remember: there is no adequate substitution for a personal consultation with your chosen healthcare provider. Therefore, we encourage you to make your own healthcare decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.