Village News - Also serving the communities of De Luz, Rainbow, Camp Pendleton, Pala and Pauma

Burned chlorine no danger to Fallbrook

 

Last updated 11/2/2007 at Noon



Although the Rice Fire burned a chlorine station at the Fallbrook Public Utility District’s Red Mountain Reservoir, Fallbrook residents do not need to worry about danger from the chlorine.

“All the chlorine burned in the fire. Chlorine is flammable, and it all burned in the fire so we don’t need to prevent a chlorine gas leak because there isn’t any gas left,” said FPUD general manager Keith Lewinger.

FPUD is currently using a temporary portable chlorine facility provided by the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California which utilizes a liquid chlorine solution. “We w...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020

Rendered 05/14/2021 10:21