Third grade students thankful for new dictionaries
Last updated 11/21/2007 at Noon
RAINBOW — On September 27, the third grade students at Vallecitos School received a boost to their education. The members of Rainbow Valley Grange had earlier raised money to buy dictionaries for the third-graders through The Dictionary Project.
As part of this national campaign, also known as “Words for Thirds,” Rainbow Valley Grange secretary Lucette Moramarco distributed dictionaries to the 28 students for them to keep and hopefully use for many years to come.
The students wrote thank you letters the next day conveying their excitement and appreciation at having their own dictionaries:
• “It can help us with our writing in sentences.” –Celeste G.
• “I promise to use it to look up definitions.” –Cesar A.
• “We are gonna use it right now.” –Gerardo
• “I promise I will take good care of it.” –April M.
• “I would like to use my dictionary already.” –Amy C.
For more information on The Dictionary Project, see http://www.dictionaryproject.org.