Village News - Also serving the communities of De Luz, Rainbow, Camp Pendleton, Pala and Pauma

Halloween prank not a good idea


Last updated 11/29/2007 at Noon

About 9:30 p.m. on Halloween, I was driving on Winterhaven Road near Clearcrest Lane when bright balls of fire, one at a time, flew across the road and into the brush on the other side. It was probably a Roman candle, like those in fireworks shows. Even though I recognized that shooting a Roman candle at passing cars was a Halloween prank, how could someone light fireworks after what our community has been through?

Where in the world were the parents? What were they thinking, allowing a child to shoot fireworks with dry brush all around? I stopped until the last ball of fire arced across,...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 09/23/2021 15:17