Consequences of removing morality from sexual choices
Last updated 5/1/2008 at Noon
Marriage between a man and a woman is outdated morality? Morality is the rationale for rules that protect us from others and discourage us from making bad choices for ourselves.
Progressives argue that we should be “free” from sexual morality (that’s the morality we are talking about here, isn’t it?). Let’s take a look at some of the unfortunate consequences of removing morality from sexual choices.
• Epidemic of STDs, some fatal, all highly contagious; millions of victims less than 18 years old
• Dramatic increase of children born out of wedlock (35.7% in ’04)
• Dramatic increase in single parent homes – 90% are below the poverty level
• Holocaust of unborn babies, many viable at the time of death
• Dramatic increase in divorce rates resulting in broken homes that harm children
• Proliferation of pornography and with it sex crimes and a new addiction that hurts families
• Increase in behavior problems and crime due to children growing up without fathers
• Promotion of homosexual behavior and its portrayal as essentially family-centered, while data shows it is predominantly narcissistic and promiscuous
• Destruction of the nuclear family unit – the bedrock of Western Civilization (i.e. children raised by their biological mother and father who instill in them the values that have made our nation great).
It’s time we began to seek truth instead of blindly promoting an agenda. Change is not inherently progress. The evidence makes it clear that sexual morality works better for humankind than licentiousness!