Fallbrook Rotary presents funds to local endeavors
Last updated 5/15/2008 at Noon
FALLBROOK — Celebration was the atmosphere and the Rotary motto “Service Above Self” was the theme as more than 100 civic leaders and Rotary Club of Fallbrook members met for the distribution of $53,000 at the annual grant awards program in the Grand Tradition’s Beverly Manor.
Twenty-six local community service organizations received checks primarily made possible by the Rotary’s annual Lobster on the Green fundraiser, as well as other donations made to the club.
Club President David Kauffman conducted the ceremonies and 2007 Lobster on the Green Event Chairman Joe Fedorchak assisted in the presentation of checks to a wide variety of organizations that applied for the grants based on the services they provide to the community.
This year’s chairman, Howard Clark, closed the program with a presentation on the event, assisted by a giant lobster portrayed by Rotarian Rick Aldana.
Recipient organizations, their individual representatives and the amount distributed include:
• Fallbrook Child Development Center, Susan Lucy, $2,400
• Boys & Girls Club of North County, Abe Oliveras, $5,000
• Fallbrook Citizens’ Crime Prevention Committee, Pat Braendel, $2,000
• Think First; Randy Meers, $2,800
• Ivy High School, Sheri Ryan, $1,000
• FHS girls gymnastics, Debbie Mericle, $1,500
• FHS instrumental music, Amy Kaw, $800
• Fallbrook Girls Softball League, $750
• Fallbrook Smiles Project, Jack Wood, $1,000
• Fallbrook Healthcare Foundation, Morgan Cadmus, $5,000
• Fallbrook Hospital Auxiliary, B.J. Johnson, $1,500
• Southern Caregivers Resource Center, Beth Romans, $600
• Angel Society of Fallbrook, Sharon Daniels, $5,000
• Fallbrook Food Pantry, Frank Russell, $1,000
• Legacy Endowment (Fire Relief Fund 2008), David Fenn, $4,000
• Trauma Intervention Program (TIP), Kathryn Venable, $1,000
• Keep Fallbrook Clean and Green, Anne Burdick, $2,000
• Live Oak Park Coalition, Jody Williams, $1,250
• Trails Council, Sherri Lenfers, $1,500
• Fallbrook Sports Park Association, Wayne Froboese, $3,000
• Art Center at Fallbrook, Mary Perhacs, $1,000
• Art Campus at Fallbrook, Brigitte Schlemmer, $2,000
• Art in Public Places, Marjorie Claborn, $900
• Fallbrook Gem & Mineral Society, Garth Bricker, $500
• Fallbrook People to People Services, Doris Mack, $500
• Fallbrook Music Society, Brenda Montiel, $5,000
This year’s Lobster on the Green will be held at a new venue, Ingold Sports Park, on Friday evening, September 5. Arlyne Ingold is this year’s Title Sponsor.
For more information call (760) 510-0945.