FALLBROOK — The Pittenger House, built in 1891, was purchased by the Fallbrook Historical Society in 1981. The bathroom was recently restored by the Sleeping Indian Chapter of Questers International. The sink, tile flooring, light fixture and pull-chain toilet, all appropriate to the age of the house, were donated by the Chapter.
The bead board is another improvement the group provided, further giving the room a look it might have had before the house underwent years of updating and modernization.
With the help of many volunteers of the Fallbrook Historical Society and others, including Sleeping Indian Chapter of Questers, the Pittenger House is continually being worked upon in order to restore and maintain this valuable historical site in Fallbrook.
The museum and house are open to the public. More information may be obtained by contacting the Fallbrook Historical Society at (760) 723-4125.
For more information about the Questers and their activities, call Joanne Hernandez, Sleeping Indian Chapter president, at (760) 723-4575.