Roger's Tree Pick: Citrus in the garden
Last updated 2/19/2009 at Noon
The following are some of the many citrus types that grow in San Diego County.
• Cara Cara pink navel orange is harvested January to May.
• Lane Late Navel is harvested February to September.
• Valencia (seedless) bears fruit April to October, sometimes sooner, sometimes later.
• Moro blood orange (red-flesh) are harvested February to May.
• Washington Navels are harvested January to May and very popular with great taste.
• Eureka, the standard lemon of markets, bears throughout the year.
• Lisbon ripens mostly in fall and is fairly cold harder than Eurek...
For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.