Fire survivors need to come forward
Last updated 2/19/2009 at Noon
FALLBROOK — During the past year, six local long-term recovery centers have been providing a variety of services to 2007 fire survivors.
During this time of disaster and recovery, agencies have been offering case management to assist survivors in establishing long-term recovery plans and providing assistance when a survivor meets the qualifications.
Survivors of the 2007 San Diego regional wildfires who have not contacted a local fire recovery center and talked to a case manager are urged to do so as soon as possible.
Some agencies will not be taking new cases after February 20.
Local recovery centers, however, will continue to serve the community. The following information can be obtained at the centers:
2. Rebuilding information
3. Contacts for County DPLU services
4. Assistance with planning one’s recovery
5. Access to financial planning workshops
6. Referrals to organizations and agencies who can assist with social services
7. Connect and share resources with other fire survivors
8. Counseling and EMDR post-traumatic stress therapy
The Fallbrook Fire Recovery Center is located at 325 East Mission Road. Phone (760) 451-3473 for more information.