Angel Society donates to worthy groups
Last updated 2/16/2012 at Noon
FALLBROOK – A total of $7,750 in donations to Fallbrook schools and other organizations were approved by the board of directors of the Angel Society of Fallbrook at its January meeting.
In support of the Fallbrook Historical Society, the Angel Society gifted $3,250 for the purchase of new carpeting for its main museum to replace the original carpet from the mid-1990s.
Casa de Amparo which serves abused and neglected children in North San Diego County was gifted $2,000 to support their Children’s Shelter.
The Angel Society also donated $500 to each of the following Fallbrook schools’ programs:
• Fallbrook Girls Rugby Club at Fallbrook High School to help pay for field rental fees during the season;
• Fallbrook Youth Baseball – the FHS Baseball Club, to help provide a quality baseball program for its student athletes;
• Fallbrook High School – Kopa Literary Magazine – to support publication costs and maintain the highest standard of excellence and the chance for aspiring young writers and artists to get their work published;
• Fallbrook-A-Leer/Family Reading Event –to help provide books for children to take home with them from this reading event conducted by teachers and community members and targeted for low-income families to emphasize the value of education and community service; and,
• Sullivan Middle School Music Program to help provide new music, repair instruments and assist with travel and production costs required to participate in competitions.
The Angel Society of Fallbrook raises funds through its all-volunteer run Angel Shop, a thrift shop on Main Avenue.
For more information, visit