Rainbow service station, stopping by on a trip to the past
Last updated 8/27/2015 at Noon
Back in 1921, the small community of Rainbow got its very own gas station. Since it was located several miles from anywhere, the station was a much-needed asset for both residents wanting to buy an automobile and for travelers passing through on their way either to or from Escondido or San Diego to the south, Temecula or Los Angeles to the north.
Located on a small triangular strip of land now bordered by Eighth Street to the south, Camino Rainbow on the east and a curving Rainbow Valley Boulevard from west to north, the Rainbow Service Station served more than just Red Crown gas; it also...