Village News - Also serving the communities of De Luz, Rainbow, Camp Pendleton, Pala and Pauma

Keep your family, pets safe when using generators during power outages

 

Last updated 12/2/2020 at 5:16pm



SACRAMENTO – As California continues to recover from wildfires, the Federal Emergency Management Agency urged everyone who experiences a power outage to be safe when using portable generators.

Do not use generators inside your home, garage, basement, crawlspace or any partially enclosed area. Keep them outside of your living spaces and away from doors, windows and vents that could allow carbon monoxide to come inside. Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that could kill you, your family and your pets.

Be sure to check on your family and neighbors who may be using generators to...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020

Rendered 01/16/2021 13:30