Don't skip these 5 fall maintenance tasks
Last updated 10/15/2021 at 6:42pm
CR Properties Real Estate Services
You know your home is a huge investment – one you want to protect for the long haul. That means proper maintenance. Completing a few seasonal chores can help you extend the lifespan of your home while also cutting down on repair and renovation costs. Don't skip these five must-do maintenance tasks this fall:
1) Check for air leaks around windows and doors. They can make it hard to control your home's climate and leave you with sky-high heating/gas bills.
2) Clean out the gutters because when they get clogged, you could have very costly roof/drywall damage over time - sometimes even immediately.
3) Your roof should be inspected yearly. Even small leaks or missing shingles can cause big problems like water damage, mold, mildew and more.
4) Check smoke/carbon monoxide detectors. Put them in test mode and make sure they're all functioning properly. (Batteries usually last a year).
5) Have your (gas) furnace inspected yearly. Furnaces pose serious fire and safety hazards if they're not functioning properly.
It won't take long to check these tasks off your list, and the payoff is well worth the effort for this. If you're actually considering buying a new home or would like information about your home's value, get in touch today.
Call Jane Kepley with CR Properties at 760-622-0204 or [email protected]