Smoke disrupts Slurpee business at 7-11
Other fires reported throughout the area
Last updated 5/19/2022 at 3:06pm
UPDATE - A clerk at 7-11 has said that there was no fire there, only smoke.
An early Sunday morning fire at the 7-11 at Main and Fallbrook Street, was quickly extinguished.
A call went out around 5:30 am when a 7-11 employee heard a pop and smelled smoke and called the fire department, said North County Fire Protection District spokesman John Choi.
Turns out the Slurpy machine wiring overheated and ignited. Firefighters were there quickly and prevented the fire from spreading. They removed the Slurpy machine.
Overnight, at Highway 76 and Pankey Road there was a single-vehicle accident that caused the vehicle to go off the road.
The driver was able to self-extricate from the vehicle and get away from it, Choi explained. The fire department and driver waited for a tow truck.
Another call came in Saturday night from Bonsall residents about an odor. Choi said they were smelling smoke from the Deer Springs vegetation fire, which started last night.
CalFire is handling the Deer Springs fire.