North County Fire Protection District was called to the scene of a vegetation fire on Olive Hill Thursday, May 26.
Workers at the residence were cutting rebar too close to vegetation on the property, according to the NCFPD spokesman.
"A hot metal ember started the vegetation on fire. Residents at the home were able to get a water hose on the initial fire," he said.
When firefighters arrived they made sure to put out all smoldering embers, he said. After that they mopped up and assured the scene was safe, they left.
Earlier in the day, NCFPD was at an apartment complex on Elder street where a cat was stuck on the roof.
Firefighters rescued the cat and a firefighter brought the cat down to safety