Small contained spots of smoldering debris continue at site of devastating fire
Last updated 6/11/2022 at 12:26pm
When the house in the 4200 block of Paso Del Lagos burned Thursday, June 9 into Friday, June 10, its metal roof collapsed on top of the burning debris field of what was once a home.
According to North County Fire Protection District spokesman, fire crews spent the immediate following day at the site, laboriously pulling and pushing, and water spraying the debris field under the huge roof, to stop the fire and smoldering debris. They secured the perimeter and edges, and deep under the metal roof. However, places that were more difficult to reach, continue to smolder. Firefighters do not expect those areas to reignite and spread.
The NCFPD spokesman said the Fire Marshall, because of the roof collapse over the debris field, can not determine the exact cause of the fire.
A source said it more than likely started somewhere in the kitchen. The home was under construction.
It also was a rebuild from the Lilac Fire of recent years, according to a source.
The NCFPD spokesman said insurance investigators were on site recently.