Free ways to achieve some common goals
SAN DIEGO COUNTY — Some people’s list of New Year’s resolutions might include getting fit, getting their finances in order or spending more time with their families.
Everyone can increase their chances of reaching their goals by taking advantage of free programs at their libraries.
Some programs offered are:
• Fitness: Various locations offer walking clubs, senior yoga and even Baby & Me Yoga, a class designed for mothers to do with their babies.
• Finances: Speakers address topics such as identity theft, consumer protection and financial independence.
• Family: Forget high-priced theater and concession prices – enjoy free movies and popcorn at local libraries. Families can also play video games, listen to a story or free concert, share craft time together or meet furry friends from the Helen Woodward Animal Center.
• Foreign languages: Several locations offer Spanish classes; the Solana Beach branch also offers French.
• Computer skills: Brush up on the basics, including Microsoft Word and e-mail.
• Volunteer opportunities: Help an adult learn how to read by becoming a tutor in the LEARN program. Volunteers are also needed to teach English as a second language.
For a complete list of county library programs, visit http://www.sdlc.org. To contact the Fallbrook Library, call (760) 728-2373.