Village News - Also serving the communities of De Luz, Rainbow, Camp Pendleton, Pala and Pauma

Baby girl scalded by hot water in Fallbrook trailer

 

Last updated 1/9/2013 at Noon



Authorities have said a baby girl sustained injuries from hot water in an incident that took place in a trailer on a residential property in Fallbrook.

Sheriff's Sgt. Victor Perry said emergency responders were called to the 200 block of Almond Street in Fallbrook at about 2 p.m. Tuesday, January 8.

"Fallbrook deputies assisted [North County Fire paramedics] on a call where a four-month-old girl was injured with hot water," said Perry. "Deputies believe the incident was accidental and occurred when the mother spilled some hot water on the baby while giving her a bath."

Perry said, "The baby's mother was using hot water in a pail because she does not have running hot water in the trailer where the family lives."

The baby was taken to UCSD burn center for treatment via Mercy Air.

Perry said the Sheriff's Department Child Abuse Unit was notified and investigators responded to the hospital for follow up. Child Protective Services was also notified.

 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2017