FALLBROOK — The Angel Society recently presented $4,000 to the Fallbrook Food Pantry to help defray some of the costs of providing food to those in need of assistance.
In addition to this check they were given $2,500 in vouchers. These vouchers, in $5 and $10 denominations, will be distributed to needy families to be redeemed for merchandise at the Angel Thrift Store.
At their October meeting the Angel Society Board of Directors approved the following charitable contributions:
• $1,000 to the Women’s Resource Center, which provides services to women and children in North County from their Oceanside locations
• $2,000 to the Fallbrook Center of Arts School of Art and Foundry for the Jr. Wildlife Art Exhibit, scheduled to open next May, plus $450 for child and adult scholarships
• $1,000 to the Fallbrook Players, who provide live theater
• $500 each to the Fallbrook High School tennis and field hockey teams and La Paloma Elementary’s GATE program
• $300 to Geoff Jameson for materials for his Eagle Scout project, which will involve building a tool shed for the Fallbrook Community Garden
There are many ways the community can participate and support the Angel Society in their endeavors.
In addition to monetary donations and donations of usable clothing and household items, one can follow the lead of an anonymous donor who listed the Angel Society as the recipient of his United Way monthly payroll deduction.
Another way is to purchase gift cards to be redeemed at the thrift shop, now available at the shop. They are $5 each.
The Angel Thrift Shop, located at 1002 South Main, is open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.