How to fight the two: COVID-19 and influenza
Last updated 10/7/2020 at 5:08pm
The coronavirus and influenza are both spread from person to person, especially indoors and in crowded places.
Here are some tips to help prevent COVID-19 and the flu:
· Wash your hands properly and regularly or use a hand sanitizer.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, throw it away and wash your hands.
· If you’re sick, stay home and isolate yourself from others.
· Use a face covering when in public and close to others. They prevent spreading germs and viruses.
· Maintain physical distance from others.
· Avoid crowded places to decrease your risk of exposure.
Last season, 20,711 lab-confirmed flu cases were reported in the region and 108 San Diegans died from complications from influenza.
Through Sept. 30, a total of 47,180 COVID-19 cases have been reported in San Diego County, including 783 deaths.