Special to the Village News
We're finally approaching summer: The days are getting longer; the sun is shining and the weather's getting warmer – it's the perfect opportunity to spend more time outdoors.
Is your backyard or patio ready for heavier use?
If not, there's still time, and you don't need to spend a lot to make it happen. Here are five great ways to upgrade your outdoor area as we close in on the summer months.
• Update fences: Are there broken posts or holes your neighbors can see through? Repair the fence to ensure your privacy before summertime rolls in. You can also give it a new coat of paint or stain to improve your yard's overall aesthetic.
• Install a focal point: Every outdoor space needs a focal point – something to add visual appeal and interest. Fountains can be a great option, as can blooming gardens, well-lit walking paths or vine-covered pergolas.
• Include nature: Adding potted or planted flowers and bushes are great ways to bring nature into your outdoor area. You can also invite local fauna by installing a birdbath or hummingbird feeder.
• Create an outdoor room: Outdoor dining rooms, living areas and even full-fledged outdoor kitchens are on-trend. They can extend your usable living space and provide a great area for entertaining.
• Add a gathering point: Have a place your family and guests can gather. It can be a fire pit surrounded by folding chairs, an outdoor kitchen with a full dining set or a cozy outdoor couch to sit on and mingle. Choose one that fits your aesthetic, budget and entertaining style best.
Are you looking for a home with plentiful outdoor space? Get in touch today to start your search.
Reach out to Jane Kepley with CR Properties at 760-622-0204 or [email protected].