FALLBROOK – Carrying on an annual tradition begun in 2004, the local California Retired Teachers Association Division 81 recently awarded Teacher Support Grants to local teachers. These grants were made possible by donations from members of CalRTA Division 81.
The funds, which totaled $1,225, provided individual grants of up to $200 to seven teachers. The grants will be used to purchase classroom materials to enhance learning experiences.
The recipients are as follows:
- Bonsall Elementary School TK teachers Sydney Farrell, Jennifer Hird and Shaleen Peck
- Bonsall West School third grade teacher Jennifer Wise
- Live Oak School K-6 Reading Intervention teacher Jessica Carlson
- Vallecitos School ELD Coordinator Kim Gonzalez
- Sullivan Middle School Art electives/Yearbook teacher Melissa Ledri
Additional teacher grants are available through the state CalRTA. More information can be found on the state website at https://calrta.org.
CalRTA Division 81 meets the second Wednesday of the month. The next meeting is an exception and will be held at the Fallbrook Woman's Club on Thursday, Dec. 7 at 9:45 a.m. It will include a performance by an octet from the Fallbrook Chorale singing Christmas music followed by a luncheon catered by Trupiano's Italian Restaurant. The cost is $20 per person.
Reservation deadline is Dec. 1. To attend, contact Mickie Flores, president of CalRTA Division 81, at [email protected]. All are welcome.
Submitted by California Retired Teachers Association Division 81.